Sabre Systems is currently hiring for a RF Technician to support the Atlantic Test Range (ATR), Aircraft Signature & Avionics Measurement (ASAM) Branch. This position is located at Patuxent River Naval Air Station.in Patuxent River, MD. The RF Technician is responsible for RF operations, maintenance and repair of radar systems to include transmitter (solid state and TWT), exciter and receiver. The selected candidate will assist in the development, design, modification and test of RF systems and associated instrumentation.
• Candidates must be familiar with and demonstrate a basic knowledge of general purpose and RF laboratory test equipment to include oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Volt/Ohm meters, power supplies and signal generators.
• This position requires both laboratory and field work and candidates will often be required to work outdoors, on elevated platforms and be capable of frequent stair climbing, with and without equipment.
• Special consideration will be given to candidates with a background in electronic warfare systems, RF transmitters, an FCC radiotelephone operator’s license, or component level repair of radar or communication systems.
• Must be familiar with and demonstrate a basic knowledge of general purpose and RF laboratory test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Arbitrary Wave Generators, power supplies, and Volt/Ohm meters.
• Must be able to work in both laboratory and field work.
• The ability to work a dynamic work schedule to support flight-testing.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret clearance.
A high school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of training in basic electricity and electronics is required. The selected candidate should also have specialized training in RF systems to include either radar or communications systems. Qualified training may include college, trade school, military school or correspondence courses with an accompanying certificate of completion.
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to Federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans bring not only to our company but also to our customers. Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans